11.3.12

Friendships, I find are exactly like relationships. Just the other day, a friend broke up with me. Like literally, break-up speech and everything. 'It's not you, it's the situation' (who actually says it's not you, it's me).

Anyway, I looked at my phone in amusement as the messages came in...each one a variation of the last. The most amusing was 'I don't want this to turn into an argument btw'...who argues when they are being broken up with?

It did make me think though. When someone expels you from their life, you should always think. It's so easy to imagine that you're the perfect person that someone is missing out on. Truth is, it's never really a matter of 'he who is wrong is wrong'...there's usually something to be learnt about improving yourself. Not altering yourself to the point where you're a completely different person...not changing yourself to suit someone else's idea of what you should be. Improving.

I did come to a few conclusions. It all boiled down to being more respectful of people. I may not be able or willing to change my laid-back attitude and if I call someone, I'm more inclined to open with conversation about myself and I often put myself far above others. These are all things that maybe should change, but probably wouldn't...right now.

The one thing I do want to change and have started to be more aware of is respect. For people, their opinions, their feelings and for friendships and the differences between expectations in any relationship.

So, what I'm saying is...respect.

1 comment:

doll (retired blogger) said...

hmm... friendship break ups....that is a different perspective