8.2.09

My cry for HELP

I suffer from a disease called jealousy. Hard pressed, i will deny it, justify it, revoke it, even lie about it. It wont change the fact that it's true. Now the reason why this disease terrifies me so much is not because i'm jealous of people. Because i hardly am. I'm jealous of the things that do not make me top ten in a persons life.

Now- i hate small talk and acquaintances. Both things to me are a waste of time. People that have met me will admit that i quickly jump from small talk to deeply personal questions (when was the first time you had sex?). So basically people fall into categories-friend or not.theres no middle ground. Now when someone is my friend i expect to be top 10 in their life. Now this is really NOT possible. I mean-they had a life before they met me. Rationally, i know this. However, jealousy is not a rational animal. It rears its ugly head whenever someone does something that will indicate that i am not at the forefront of their friend circle (not returning my call, not tagging me in a note on facebook, not telling me they've broken up with their boyfriend or that they have a new one).

Recently this has started to worry me a lot. Apart from the fact that it makes me a hypocrite (because i have more that 10 friends who cant all fit into top 10), its not healthy is it? My heart rate goes up when someone says i am one of the MANY interesting people they've met recently ( i want to be the ONE. I can list jealousy scenarios but that will make me feel more stupid than i already do!

I am NOT an ONLY child. I am NOT the LAST child (although ive obviouly been accused of acting like both). I am infact the FIRST child!

Admitting your problem is the first step to finding a solution right??

Oh and for future reference. I named myself at a low self esteem phase. I am NOT flabby. I am not a BIG GIRL. I am a regular sized person (6/8 american, 10/12 british) i'm just mentioning this because someone wrote a comment like 'flabby must be just a name..'..it is!

My name is Flabby and i NEED help.

4 comments:

Teeee said...

Jealousy is in every human. Maybe you just need assurance. Just because you are not at the forefront of someone's mind does not mean you are not on their mind. It's about control. If you constantly show you are jealous then you need to think of what image you are presenting to others. At least you admitted it.

Take care xxxxx

doll (retired blogger) said...

hmm...the first step is admitting there is a problem.
I would just say try not to send people so muc, that way they cant hurt you and you cant be jealous

Lolia said...

Omg so first of all, I'm the first child toooooooooooo!

Secondly my BB pin is 24A26A7E

Third {this is actually really interesting} I'm a size 6/8 American toooooooo!

And last but not least...I completely get you on the jealousy thing and it's really hard but sometimes you just have to accept that you might not have the pride of place that you give someone in that person's life...It sucks, I know :(

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. wedding dress. Skirt Louboutin Shoes Christian Louboutin Boots Vintage Wedding Dresses