4.4.11

Thinking With Anatomy

You hear it all the time. Guys would do anything, say anything to get sex. But you never really believe it. How can you? It seems so animalistic...implies that they have no self control- no choice, which are the elements that make us human (well aside speech and fashion). But to witness it is actually a thing of beauty. Guys actually do anything- say anything...to have sex.

Now before I continue, I have to point out that this is a gross over-generalisation. I am not by any means referring to all guys, or even most guys. I'm referring to guys. An indeterminate number of them. Because even if i refer to just a minute number of people, it's still a fascinating phenomenon.

I would like to see experiments on the brain when a guy is in 'hunt mode'. What is it about the anticipation of sex that makes him not think clearly, deny his mother, sell his birthright...change the laws of an entire church?

Someone help me out...For someone who is passionate about pop-psychology, this really blows my mind.

7 comments:

Myne said...

it is indeed a fascinating premise, and we know that men have gone to war with their whole nations for sex. Hmm...

Rebirth said...

when or if you ever do find out, do share..... it baffles me too

Unknown said...

that 3rd paragraph got me laffing but its true, i wish i have the answers but am just as curious as you are to know

http://chizys-spyware.blogspot.com

Fragilelooks said...

true words

janet h said...

hey! i enjoyed reading this post. and i absolutely agree with you 100%. we really don't want to believe that but that's actually sadly the truth, and yeah of course it's not EVERY guys, but, like you said, when they're on a "hunt mode"... yeah, anyways, haha keep posting! i'll DEF keep reading! take care and have a good frday now! :) xoxo

kitkat said...

guys are dogs. plain simple. :p

Anonymous said...

I'm a guy.

I understand.

You might enjoy reading Emily Nagoski's blog. She's a sex nerd, studies our weird behaviorals and things. enagoski.wordpress.com. Google her.