28.3.08

My right to hurt

Today i was wondering. Why arent people allowed to be sad for whatever reason they want? E.g, someone's cat dies..she's crying..then her friend walks in..'what are you crying about?..my mother left me when i was two..then i got raped by my father when i was 7..my brother died when i was 13..so why are you crying?'..That's a far fetched example..but i hope you get my drift. Everybody should be entitled to their own personal right to grieve. I understand that someone's issues might seem trivial compared to another's but that does not necessarily mean they hurt any less. As human beings, we can't always understand EXACTLY what another is feeling. However, instead of always trying to understand, we can learn to accept sometimes.

I hurt because my family has caused me a lot of pain, but sometimes i also hurt for simple things. Like when he won't answer my call. Or because my friend doesn't listen.

I deleted his number. i know im acting like a 6 year old..but if it makes me feel better, i don't care.

xx

6 comments:

babeandahalf said...

Deleting his number is hardly ever a bad idea ... and it is almost always a good place to start.

doll (retired blogger) said...

I agree, everyone is entitled to grieve; people don’t understand dis

Jay said...

Grieving is the road to healing...sometimes you just need time and space to do just that.

IDK said...

I completely agree with..from d major to d minor problems...it helps to grieve without feelin like ur overreactin:P

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

You know what? You are soo right. I never thought of it that way.

I personally do not have a lot of patience for certain things. I always give myself a 'mourning' period. Once its over, its over and encourage others to do the same. However, after reading this, I have a new perspective. Thanks for giving it to me.

Take care.


NIGERIAN CURIOSITY
IT WAS SO MUCH EASIER WHEN I ONLY HAD ONE...

bArOquE said...

poor baby, i can relate deeply to what you mean, nevertheless realising that, though connected, there's a difference between anger and hurt...take am easy sha